Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Anime reviews - 君に届け & のだめカンタービレ+ Rants about Bus drivers.

Monday
Last week of holidays and I am staying at home to rot as much as I can .

I spent my day watching 君に届け (Kimi ni Todoke) and I have finished the whole season. It's really nice and I can't wait for my sisters to buy the manga so that I can read !



Here's the plot:


Sawako Kuronuma, called Sadako by her classmates for her resemblance to the character from Ring, has always been feared and misunderstood because of her appearance. There are rumors that Sawako can see ghosts and curse people.

However, despite her appearances, she is a sweet and timid girl who longs to be able to make friends with everyone and be liked by everyone else. When her idol, popular boy Kazehaya, begins talking with her, everything changes. She finds herself in a new world, trying to make friends and talking to different people and she can't thank Kazehaya enough for giving her these opportunities.

Slowly, but surely, a sweet love is blossoming between the two as they will overtake any circumstance or clear obstacles in their way.

Here are some photos of the main characters.

爽子と風早。


I really love chibi sawako. (:



キャアーー!風早!

Overall, I will give a rating of 9 out of 10 . Indeed, this anime has a very good storyline and the seiiyu(s) have did a great job for the whole show .

However, I don't really like the ending . It's kind of expected that it will stop earlier than the manga 'cos usually when anime is shown, the manga hasn't end .

Still, it's worth to watch .
I really have a great laugh for this romance comedy . It's highly recommended to watch !

Ok, that's all for my rating .

I received my package again ! It's from Simplifiquez (:


Like always, I love mails !


My new pink top with girly looking sleeves .


New jacket (:

Yesterday
Just like the past few days, I spent my day at home.

Of course, I continue to watch more anime . After finish watching 君に届け, I watched another new anime: のだめカンタービレ (Nodame Cantabile)

Nodame Cantabile is great for people who love music, especially classical and orchestra. The music is really nice !

This anime has 3 seasons, total of 23+11+11= 45 episodes (:



Here's the plot:

Noda Megumi, or "Nodame" is a piano student at Momogaoka College of Music. An extremely talented pianist who wants to be a preschool teacher, she prefers playing by ear rather than reading the music score. She is messy and disorganized, takes baths several days apart and loves to eat, sometimes stealing her friend's lunchbox when it is filled with delicacies.

Chiaki Shinichi is Momogaoka's top student. Born into a musical family, he is talented in piano and violin and has secret ambitions to become a conductor. An arrogant multi-lingual perfectionist who once lived abroad in the music capitals of the world as a young boy (namely Prague), he is trapped in Japan because of his childhood phobia of airplanes and the ocean.

They meet by accident. Nodame quickly falls in love, but it takes much longer for Chiaki to even begin to appreciate Nodame's unusual qualities. Their relationship causes them both to develop and grow. Along the way, they meet some crazy people (like Masumi, Mine, and Stresemann) and make lasting friendships.

Because of Nodame, Chiaki gets the opportunity to lead a student orchestra and begins to have a broader appreciation of people's musical abilities. Because of Chiaki, Nodame faces her fears and enters a piano competition. Opportunities open up as both begin taking risks, stretching themselves far more than they ever thought possible.

After graduation, Nodame succeeds in curing Chiaki from his phobia and they both move to Paris where Nodame continues her piano studies at the Conservatoire de Paris while Chiaki starts a professional career as a conductor. In Europe, they encounter new friends and rivals, as well as keep in touch with their friends from Japan.

Here are some of the pictures:

キャアーー! 千秋真一


The last few scene for season 1 (:

Overall, I will give a rating of 10 out of 10. This anime is funny because Nodame tends to have wild imagination and she loved to make funny sounds like 'gyabo' etc.

I think the classical music played was great, even those whereby the 'purposely' played with mistakes for the anime .

The best part is they will show the title of the classical music played . So if someone wants to look for the music scores etc, it's easy .

I would say that it's almost perfect, at least for a classical music lover like me (:

Today
I was damn pissed off this morning because I got wakened up by my sisters .

Anyway, I slept till late afternoon and I prepared to go to my grandma's house . If not, I will sleep till even later that 4pm .

When I boarded up the bus, I was stopped by the stupid Bus 8 driver . I nearly quarrelled with him .

Indeed true that I was using my sister's ezlink card . But so what ?

If it's not because of the expensive fare and concession for tertiary students, I would have used my own card .

Aren't polytechnic students mostly come directly from secondary school ? Just because we don't wear uniforms like ITEs and JCs , do that make us not like a student ?

Seriously, something has to do for the fares . I know everything is unfair, but not every students have purchasing power for expensive transport .

Ok , whatever . I hate most bus drivers, particularly SBS (old, SG chinese ones).

That's all for now !

I love anime (:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails